Saturday, March 26, 2011

Today is the First Day of the Rest of My Life - Oh Yay!


Day One: Depart NM.
I cried from my house to Albuquerque. Then I bought new tires.
In fact, I’m buying them right now. Two. E load range. Ten ply. Don’t ask me what that means. It’s just what I have to have on this truck since I drive on dirt roads and haul goosenecks full of cattle. Five hundred bucks out of the budget. Surprise. The tire-guy probably took advantage of me. But that’s his problem. Not mine.  
I’m in my truck – the monster. The plan was I’d take Luke’s because it has a backseat and gets good gas mileage, but you know what they say about plans. The starter went out right before I was going to leave. So now I have to unload my suitcases (5) every time I stop.
By the way, driving a diesel, standard, big old honking rig in traffic is not fun. Not fun at all.
I stop in Farmington. Try to sleep so I can leave early the next morning. One observation: I will never stay at a Holiday Inn again. Kids stay free=adults don’t sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment