Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Get Up and Dance!

Those dusty bones in someone’s grave there,
God only knows how long they’d lain there -
And don’t you know they would’ve stayed there?
Had not Ezekiel said these words..
Rise up and dance you dusty bones,
Find a new beat heart of stone.
I say get out of that old tomb -
Rise up and dance!
There was no choice - they had to answer.
And can’t you hear above the clatter?
The sound of heaven’s holy laughter,
As Ezekiel spoke these words…
Rise up and dance, you dusty bones,
Beat a new beat heart of stone.
God said get out of your old tomb,
Rise up and dance!
There was a time when I was younger,
When minding rules could feed  the hunger.
But now it’s got me ten feet under,
And I heard these words to me…
Rise up and dance you silly thing!
Open your mouth, and start to sing!
I want to give you everything -
Rise up and dance!
Rise up and shake those dusty bones,
I’ll  touch again your heart of stone!
You don’t belong inside a tomb-
Rise up and dance !

No comments:

Post a Comment