Sunday, March 27, 2011

Off the Reservation


Day Two: The Rez.
Shiprock, NM is not a user friendly town. In fact, nothing from the time I left Farmington until I hit the Utah state line was friendly. Not one safe stop. So glad I didn’t get a wild hair and drive it at night.
Utah is beautiful. It’s like Taos without the hippies. Santa Fe without the liberals. Sort of like, what NM would be if it was part of Texas. (After making that statement, I am now certain I have no friends left…)
Moab was amazing. The roads, however are not. My truck had to hold its breath and suck in its gut to get through some of the passes. Forget eating or radio. Both hands on the wheel at all times. It snowed on me as I crested the mountain.
I arrived at my hotel exhausted, dirty, thirsty, hungry and road weary. And within 30 minutes, the hotel manager had decided I was a prostitute. But I’ll tell that story tomorrow. I’m going to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment