Sunday, May 29, 2011

Oh Happy Day!

This week has been totally crazy. It started out with a personal issue: a bit of a legal disruption… apparently my attorney didn’t file all the paperwork he was supposed to file. This is causing ummm… stress. With an emphasis on the SSSSSSS!
For a few days, while he was avoiding my calls and I was developing an intimate phone-relationship with his voice mail, I started to wonder whether I was divorced or not. I mean, all the papers were together. Maybe he didn’t file those either?
I did the only logical thing: I began doing an online file search on myself. I even subscribed to one of those invasive people-finder thingies that allow you to have an insane amount of information on perfect strangers.
Except I was spying on myself.
This is just… wrong. On so many levels.
Not to mention, it was embarrassing. No wonder no one has stolen my identity! I'm boring.
He finally emailed me. Yes, I’m divorced, but no, we don’t have an LLC. So now either my ex-husband or myself could destroy the ranch financially, should we so choose. Ironic.
And then, at work, we had an evacuation. Whoo-hooo. Could it have been on a warm day? Could it have been after I went to the blue room? No. I got to stand on the highway for 45 minutes on the coldest morning of the week tweaking like a puppet on meth. Of course.
At the end of the week, I got a call that someone is going to arrive at work to serve someone else with some sort of mystery papers. Nothing like a little tension in the office. Apparently, no one is immune to fear of the words ‘you’ve been served.’
In the words of my granddaughter: Oh Happy day!
Happy, happy day!
You know what? I’m starting to get a little pissed off. I’m ready to have one of those 'happy days.' I’m ready to have several in a row. Like… whole years of happiness. I don’t know what it’s going to take to get there. I don’t know what it’s going to cost me. I don’t have much left to give… but today I am going to choose to move toward that goal. Purposefully, intentionally, deliberately.
One step at a time.
I will get out of this house today. Go somewhere. Even if it’s only Walmart.
(Looking outside)
Sigh. I suppose it would be a good idea to go drag out the winter coat first.




No comments:

Post a Comment