Wednesday, May 4, 2011

The Missing



Outside beyond the glass,
gold leaves flutter gently past,
bare trees shiver in the blast
and I am missing

Acrid smoke falls in a whisper,
summer flowers quake and quiver,
seasons rolling on forever
but I am missing

Green to amber burning,
leaning inward now I’m turning
with a whispered, hollow yearning
All is missing

Colors fade upon my gaze,
drifting into shades of gray,
desperate shadow-passing days
I am missing

Words unfaithful once my friends,
turn their backs to me again,
refusing to be penned
for I am missing

One grain of sand beneath the sea,
one spray of ocean on the beach,
one prayer, Oh God to know you see
that I’m missing.

Spring-leaved branches pull apart,
filtered light illumines dark,
with fresh hope and a new start
God, I have missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment