Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Straightjacket, Please!

I don’t remember when, precisely, my life took a turn for Crazyville, but I woke up needing a white padded room today.
I must finish the ranch taxes but I can’t access all of the information I need until next week, so for now they are spread across my desk in piles that make sense to me today, but will be jibberish by Monday.
I need to finish an Economic Development application, but can’t move forward on that until my meeting next week. Those piles are on my coffee table.
I need to meet with the Attorney and complete creation of the LLC so I can finalize the divorce but – you guessed it – not able to meet today. All that information is stacked on the kitchen table.
On the home front, there is a mile of fence that was supposed to be in last year but wasn’t and is now keeping me from moving 31 head of cows into a pasture with adequate water.
There are 33 heifers, on the other hand, in a pasture by the house. They have plenty of water, but no grass and my CSP contract requires they be rotated into the next pasture … where they have grass but no water because the tank has a leak and must be repaired. And since today we are having a warm but windy break in the Winter From The Bad Place, guess what I’ll be doing this afternoon? For those of you who have never poured cement: It’s dirty, dirty work. I’m going to look like a mummy before it’s all said and done.
Tomorrow morning I have to go to town. Normally, I’d be snoopy dancing in my undies at the thought of it, but no… this is a quick in, quick out trip, meaning I have to travel an hour and a half, pull in the drive through at the bank, deposit a check, then turn around and head home. And since I still have no water at the house, that means no shower before that little trip unless I take an icy plunge in the stock tank tonight. Oh.Yay.
Just before going to bed last night, I received notice that I may be called out early for a 6 month job that wasn’t supposed to start until April, but may now begin in two weeks. See the above Must Do list and now you know why I didn’t sleep last night.
I’m not complaining. I’m just explaining why the next time you see me I might be wearing a long sleeved white coat that laces up the back.

No comments:

Post a Comment