Sunday, February 6, 2011

A blog by any other name....

Why? Why this? Why now? Why blog behind a pseudonym? I mean, isn't the POINT of blogging to get your name out there...?
That's not the point of this blog.
I have a theory: I think there are two kinds of people. Some people are like pop rocks. Kind of unimpressive until you invest enough in them to find out what they’re really made of.  Then, WOW! Their pop is all on the inside. The other type is a sparkler - all flash bang on the outside, but once the show is over you find out there really isn't that much to them, just a wire and some gunpowder. But first impressions can be deliberately deceptive, you know.
I’ve always been a sparkler. And over the years, I’ve gotten pretty good at the whole smoke and mirrors game. I love to laugh. And I love to make other people laugh. Partly because it just feels so good, but also because I've found if I keep people laughing they assume all is well and go about their merry way. They don't ask so many questions. They don't probe. Which means I don't have to answer their questions. I don't have to evade. Laughter is a way of keeping people entertained at a distance...of hiding in plain sight. 
They say you can't teach an old dog new tricks, but I'm ready to try.I want to be a pop rock.
The thing is, I have all of this stuff inside of me. These words and images and ideas. Some nights I can’t sleep for all the chaos swirling around in my head. Frankly, I’m tired of it. So, this is my outlet. My dripping faucet. And the beauty of it is nobody has to listen, or read, or care. I'm not forcing you to be here. You can click in or out whenever you want. I won't care.
I’m not dripping on anyone else’s floor.
I’m just trying to make a spot of my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment