Sunday, April 17, 2011

Waiting


Pale windows stare two sightless squares
Through empty walls - stark and bare
Where shadows walk the lonely miles
Deserted halls of ghosted mind...
And I close my eyes
I close my eyes.
Hear the final hush of closing doors
Scraping back the meager store
Of memories that echo round
Haunting in their mournful sound...
Of yesterdays gone by
Yesterday’s gone by.
Fingertips on dusty panes
Reveal the path of sorrowed stain
And leave behind a plaintive sigh
Inside a long deserted mind...
Leaving it behind
Leaving it behind.
Through these halls a current winds
Twisting, turning down through time
Tilling up the river floor
In silt that settles on the shore
Childish voices stream and bubble
Along the years filled with trouble
Overflow in shady pools
Of absent absent womanhood
Passing through my mind
Leaving it behind.
Paths that led me once astray
So clearly now define the way
From innocence to something less
Lifetime spent with nothing left
Now standing in this vacant place
So desolate without a trace
Of He who walked along those years
I swallow back abandoned fears
He wouldn’t leave me here...
God?
You wouldn’t leave me...here?
A hollowed heart utters hollow prayers
A clutching soul clutches empty air
And blind eyes squeeze closed ‘gainst the light
While longing, longing for the sight
Of You
God...
Where are you?
I sense your presence - feel your being
See, but yet - I am not seeing
Straining hard against the bondage
Of an ever pressing silence
Of abandonment
Of a vacant mind
An answerless request
I guess
It’s true
You’ve left me...here.
Despondent.  God, and so discouraged
Doubts once quenched now over-flourish
Overwhelming, overcoming, Lord...I quit...
I’m over running.
Over, Lord.
I’m over, through...
I’ll sit and wait
I’ll wait for You.

No comments:

Post a Comment